My name is Ryan Young. I’m a computer nerd, urban transportation enthusiast, and an occasional blogger.
Looking to get in touch?
True Facts About Ryan Young
- I still use Mozilla Firefox—and you should, too!
- I’m a developer for the Open Rails free train simulator, and my favorite level is the Pacific Surfliner route from San Diego to San Luis Obispo.
- I once wrote a UT Austin newspaper column advocating for the adoption of IPv6—which still hasn’t happened.
- I wrote a skeptical essay about self-driving cars that appears in the 4th edition of How to Write Anything by UT creative writing professor John J. Ruszkiewicz—as a learning and revising exercise! I’m no genius.
- I was a one-time freelance reporter for the Austin Monitor.
- A series of complicated events led to my being followed by the Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority of Austin, Texas on Twitter.